Licence to use website
Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You must not:
(a) republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
(b) sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
(c) show any material from the website in public;[(d) reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose;] [(e) edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or] [(f) redistribute material from this website [except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution [(such as our newsletter)]. [Where content is specifically made available for redistribution, it may only be redistributed [within your organisation].
You must not use our website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent.[You must not use our website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.] [You must not use our website for any purposes related to marketing without our express written consent.]
[Access to certain areas of our website is restricted.] We reserve the right to restrict access to [other] areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion.
If we provide you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of our website or other content or services, you must ensure that that user ID and password is kept confidential.
You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account or password.
You are responsible for any activity on our website arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential, and may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
You must not use any other person’s user ID and password to access our website[, unless you have that person’s express permission to do so].[We may disable your user ID and password in our sole discretion without notice or explanation.]
User generated content
You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to us the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or us or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
You must not submit any user content to the website that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
We do not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the information published on this website; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up-to-date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
Exclusion of third party rights
Law and jurisdiction
The full name of our company is iAngler Ltd
We are registered in England & Wales under registration number 07258302
Our registered address is 39 Mays Hill Road Bromley Kent BR2 0HS, UK.
You can contact us by email to info [at] fortiseyewear.co.uk
Fortis Eyewear terms and conditions of supply
Any Order and subsequent purchase of Goods (as defined below) or services from Fortis Eyewear shall be governed by the following terms and conditions. Please read them carefully.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer
In these Conditions:
“Fortis Eyewear” is the trading name for iAngler LTD, trading on the internet at www.fortiseyewear.co.uk, on the telephone at 0208 460 7597 and by mail order to 39 Mays Hill Road Bromley Kent BR2 0HS. “We” / “Us” / “Our” refers to Fortis Eyewear, “You” / “Yours” refers to the Customer UK company number: 7258302. VAT registration number: 153 171 826. Registered office: 39 Mays Hill Road Bromley Kent BR2 0HS
1. By submitting your order to Fortis Eyewear you confirm:
i. You are aged 16 or over and are not registered blind or partially sighted;
ii. You are in possession of a written prescription for your spectacles that has been given to you by a suitably qualified person in the last 24 months (or 12 months if you are aged 70 or over); and
iii. You will supply accurate details of your current prescription (including any notes on the prescription) when requested.
Orders for Goods
1. Orders to Fortis Eyewear must be submitted either via the web at www.fortiseyewear.co.uk, by telephone on 02084607597.
2. Submission of an Order represents an offer to purchase Goods from Fortis Eyewear, and we may confirm receipt of this offer via email (if the Order is placed via the Site) or verbally (if the Order is placed via telephone).
3. Prescription Glasses orders are only accepted by us once your payment has been processed and they have been reviewed and authorised by a Dispensing Optician.
Limitations of Supply
1. We will make a reasonable effort to ensure that all Orders are fulfilled; however we cannot guarantee the availability of Goods. If the Goods you have ordered are unavailable, we will attempt to contact you to give you a choice to receive an alternative or a refund. If we are unable to contact you, your Order will be cancelled and you will be given a full refund.
2. On the advice of our Dispensing Opticians, we have absolute discretion as to whether or not to accept your Order.
3. If considered necessary or appropriate before an Order is accepted, Fortis Eyewear’s Dispensing Opticians have absolute discretion:
i. to in exceptional circumstances arrange a free face to face consultation with customers;
ii. to request that you send us a copy of your written prescription;
iii. to contact directly, or request that you contact, the optician who provided your prescription to verify and/or discuss your prescription;
iv. to request that you obtain your pupillary distance measurement from your optician; or
v. request that you obtain a new written prescription from your optician.
Prices and Payment
1. Prices stated are inclusive of any Value Added Tax (VAT) that may be required to be remitted to tax authorities by Fortis Eyewear.
2. We will use best endeavours to ensure the accuracy of the prices and price related information stated on the Site.
3. However we cannot guarantee that we will not make a mistake and misprice an item inadvertently. If this is the case, the Dispensing Optician reviewing and authorising your Order will notify you of the error before your payment is processed. You will then have the choice to either accept the correct price or to cancel your Order.
4. The price you pay is a retail price as appearing in your basket. In certain territories where we sell, we are required to report part of the sale price to the relevant tax jurisdiction and pay that amount in tax. We do not adjust our prices depending on the sales tax suffered which varies from country to country. And we do not add tax to any amount shown in your basket.
5. In some delivery countries there may be rules imposed locally that will charge import VAT to the purchaser. Fortis Eyewear is unable to provide any refunds for such costs.
Delivery and Carriage
1. We will make reasonable endeavours to ensure your Goods are dispatched to you as quickly as possible after placing your order.
2. You will be notified by email at the time your Goods are dispatched.
3. Delivery of the Goods will be made to the address provided by you at the time you placed your Order.
4. If your Goods are not delivered safely within a reasonable number of days of you receiving notification of dispatch, you should contact us. Customers should promptly inspect goods delivered to them to satisfy themselves that any goods delivered to them are as expected.
5. In the case of non delivery, if either Fortis Eyewear or our courier is at fault, you will be offered the choice of a full refund or re-delivery.
Returns (of Goods)
Please see our returns policy for full details on dealing with returns.